Paradise Home Improvement - Salsemanship

I did not buy the product although it looked like it might be a good one.Overall, the salesmanship was very shifty.

A young man came to my door wearing a blue Paradise shirt and said that they were doing work in my neighborhood and would I be interested in a gutter guard. I was interested, so he took my name, address, etc. but NEVER gave me any information. We set an appointment and although Paradise requires that both spouses/partners attend the presentation, I never promised that.

My wife didn't want to do that anyhow. The appointment was for the next day and the salesman showed up on time. He ASKED to come into my house. No way - his car was unidentified although he did have on a shirt that indicated he was with Gutter Guardian.

They never told me this was an in-home presentation (an hour long if you allow it). I made him give the presentation outside of my home and it was hot. Still, I wasn't letting him in my home - I hadn't been given a brochure, a business card or any other identification. They are aggressive and assertive.

I received an estimate but it was NOT on an official piece of paper with the company name on it. It was just a blank legal sheet - very odd. I asked for a business card - he had none. I asked him where their work in the neighborhood was being done - he had no idea.

It all adds up to SUSPICION. I turned down the sales offer which was very expensive and unaffordable. The rest of the day I received persistent "follow up" phones calls that I did not answer. When I did answer the next day, the man on the line sounded extremely unprofessional and confused.

Very odd. Also, early in the presentation, the salesman told me that I would not have to worry about clogged gutters. At the end, however, he said, "If it ever clogs, we'll be right out!" His presentation used an illustration of Max McGee (former Green Bay football player) falling off a ladder and dying as a motivator. Ridiculous sales manipulation.

Have I said enough?I DON'T trust these people!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • I did not like the sales approach from beginning to end

Reason of review:
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 21, 2015 #1022564

Great choice! This company opened up years ago as Dixie Home Crafters. They changed names over night. Google Dixie Home Crafters rip off report!

2 1 Reply

Aug 15, 2015 #1019929

Very wise choice in what you did,but numbers this joker submitted to you surely didn't add up. That surely would have been a red flag.

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Paradise Home Improvement. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Paradise Home Improvement.
Filing a new complaint about