I did not buy the product although it looked like it might be a good one.Overall, the salesmanship was very shifty.
A young man came to my door wearing a blue Paradise shirt and said that they were doing work in my neighborhood and would I be interested in a gutter guard. I was interested, so he took my name, address, etc. but NEVER gave me any information. We set an appointment and although Paradise requires that both spouses/partners attend the presentation, I never promised that.
My wife didn't want to do that anyhow. The appointment was for the next day and the salesman showed up on time. He ASKED to come into my house. No way - his car was unidentified although he did have on a shirt that indicated he was with Gutter Guardian.
They never told me this was an in-home presentation (an hour long if you allow it). I made him give the presentation outside of my home and it was hot. Still, I wasn't letting him in my home - I hadn't been given a brochure, a business card or any other identification. They are aggressive and assertive.
I received an estimate but it was NOT on an official piece of paper with the company name on it. It was just a blank legal sheet - very odd. I asked for a business card - he had none. I asked him where their work in the neighborhood was being done - he had no idea.
It all adds up to SUSPICION. I turned down the sales offer which was very expensive and unaffordable. The rest of the day I received persistent "follow up" phones calls that I did not answer. When I did answer the next day, the man on the line sounded extremely unprofessional and confused.
Very odd. Also, early in the presentation, the salesman told me that I would not have to worry about clogged gutters. At the end, however, he said, "If it ever clogs, we'll be right out!" His presentation used an illustration of Max McGee (former Green Bay football player) falling off a ladder and dying as a motivator. Ridiculous sales manipulation.
Have I said enough?I DON'T trust these people!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I did not like the sales approach from beginning to end
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Paradise Home Improvement Gutter Guardian Installation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "Their flaring capability is disappointing. The flares have metal slivers attached to the end of the double flare. They sent me 3 sets of brake lines. All 3 had the..."
- "Placed order on 12/5/15 for an Xmas present (couldn't give to the little girl who it was intended for at Xmas), rec'd product about a 2 weeks later, opened package..."
- "I have my home warranty with HSA. This is my home which I have purchased in July-2015 (8 years old home). In the first winter, we have started heater on..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."
- "we booked Bali -> Cebu via KL. 2 flights , one booking AA cancelled the early morning flight and out us on the next one. The only problem is this arrives..."