Paradise Home Improvement - Salsemanship
I did not buy the product although it looked like it might be a good one.Overall, the salesmanship was very shifty.
A young man came to my door wearing a blue Paradise shirt and said that they were doing work in my neighborhood and would I be interested in a gutter guard. I was interested, so he took my name, address, etc. but NEVER gave me any information. We set an appointment and although Paradise requires that both spouses/partners attend the presentation, I never promised that.
My wife didn't want to do that anyhow. The appointment was for the next day and the salesman showed up on time. He ASKED to come into my house. No way - his car was unidentified although he did have on a shirt that indicated he was with Gutter Guardian.
They never told me this was an in-home presentation (an hour long if you allow it). I made him give the presentation outside of my home and it was hot. Still, I wasn't letting him in my home - I hadn't been given a brochure, a business card or any other identification. They are aggressive and assertive.
I received an estimate but it was NOT on an official piece of paper with the company name on it. It was just a blank legal sheet - very odd. I asked for a business card - he had none. I asked him where their work in the neighborhood was being done - he had no idea.
It all adds up to SUSPICION. I turned down the sales offer which was very expensive and unaffordable. The rest of the day I received persistent "follow up" phones calls that I did not answer. When I did answer the next day, the man on the line sounded extremely unprofessional and confused.
Very odd. Also, early in the presentation, the salesman told me that I would not have to worry about clogged gutters. At the end, however, he said, "If it ever clogs, we'll be right out!" His presentation used an illustration of Max McGee (former Green Bay football player) falling off a ladder and dying as a motivator. Ridiculous sales manipulation.
Have I said enough?I DON'T trust these people!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I did not like the sales approach from beginning to end
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Paradise Home Improvement Gutter Guardian Installation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Our shoddily constructed Lennar Home is located in The Woodlands area north of Houston. It is difficult to know where to begin with this review because there are so..."
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "First of all, I really hated the mass scheduling of potential homeowners where you seated with a sales person who discusses your credit and financial information right out in the..."
- "A PICTURE IS WORTH A MILLION WORDS - YOU won't believe me until you see it I just sold my house in Massachusetts and bought a town house in Charlotte, thinking..."
- "Ashley Home Furniture DOES NOT stand behind their products. I was sold a sofa and recliner that start crackling and peeling a year after I had purchased it. I..."
- "I worked for BathPlanet of Charlotte NC in Ft. Mill Sc for 3 months. They go under the name of Paradise home Improvement. They have changed their name countless times..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "The claims department blamed the company by saying the box was inadequate. The driver says he left it at my door. As you can see the box is on the..."
- "Thank God I only purchased 1 item - a coat. My flannel nightgowns have more shape and quality than the completely crappy coat I got from Modily! It cost $31.50..."