Paradise Home Improvement - Salsemanship
I did not buy the product although it looked like it might be a good one.Overall, the salesmanship was very shifty.
A young man came to my door wearing a blue Paradise shirt and said that they were doing work in my neighborhood and would I be interested in a gutter guard. I was interested, so he took my name, address, etc. but NEVER gave me any information. We set an appointment and although Paradise requires that both spouses/partners attend the presentation, I never promised that.
My wife didn't want to do that anyhow. The appointment was for the next day and the salesman showed up on time. He ASKED to come into my house. No way - his car was unidentified although he did have on a shirt that indicated he was with Gutter Guardian.
They never told me this was an in-home presentation (an hour long if you allow it). I made him give the presentation outside of my home and it was hot. Still, I wasn't letting him in my home - I hadn't been given a brochure, a business card or any other identification. They are aggressive and assertive.
I received an estimate but it was NOT on an official piece of paper with the company name on it. It was just a blank legal sheet - very odd. I asked for a business card - he had none. I asked him where their work in the neighborhood was being done - he had no idea.
It all adds up to SUSPICION. I turned down the sales offer which was very expensive and unaffordable. The rest of the day I received persistent "follow up" phones calls that I did not answer. When I did answer the next day, the man on the line sounded extremely unprofessional and confused.
Very odd. Also, early in the presentation, the salesman told me that I would not have to worry about clogged gutters. At the end, however, he said, "If it ever clogs, we'll be right out!" His presentation used an illustration of Max McGee (former Green Bay football player) falling off a ladder and dying as a motivator. Ridiculous sales manipulation.
Have I said enough?I DON'T trust these people!
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- I did not like the sales approach from beginning to end
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Paradise Home Improvement Gutter Guardian Installation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "Never sign up for anything at all with this company other than the salesman being a nce guy, everything beyond the sale has been a complete disaster. There is absolutely..."
- "Purchased these green beans a day ago. I don't know what is in it but it is nasty. I would like to be contacted about this. I don't know if..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer. So here's..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "rented rims from there for 2 months. when i gave the rims back the mechanic messed up the install, causing the stud on my car to snap and my wheel..."
- "I checked in on monday aug 7tg aboht 1245 in rm219. By the time night came and the lights came on a bunch of black bugs came out. Bugs were..."
- "Update Jan 12, 2016: Sean the salesman has yet to this day ever call me back (POS). On Jan 11th, I spoke with JT (customer service) and told her not..."