Update added by user Nov 19, 2012
It is now November 19.I REALLY wanted to have it done by Thanksgiving and, even though he\'s telling me he can have most of it done by tomorrow, November 20th, given his track record, I\'m anxious.
He said he would put in the mirror and vanity and toilet today. Now it\'s tomorrow. He says it\'s very \"detailed\". I have now spoken to SEVERAL other people and the woman at the plumbing supply where I got all my stuff and they ALL say that tiling should NEVER have taken this long.
I just don\'t understand. He still has the plumbing to do and the electrical. Also, I have asked him repeatedly if he can come on Wednesday and/or Friday so we can get this over with and his answer is \"we\'ll see what happens Tuesday.\"
Seriously... does anyone out there want to deal with this kind of thing?
I would love to hear from anyone who has had work done by this man.
I\'m curious if there are others who have had a bad experience with this company.Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update added by user Nov 15, 2012
This is turning into a blog.I may have praised them prematurely.
Again today he texted with an excuse. Said he had to take care of papers with his lawyer. Then, after repeated calls to him he finally called back and said he would come by because \"he wanted to get me out of his hair!\" But it is 3pm and no sign of him and no call. He is obviously not coming.
I\'m going to keep doing this until there is a conclusion to this job. In fact, I may have to actually start up a blog because it would be good for people to hear the whole story with details.
I have loads of texts from him too telling when he\'d come then not come.I am, once again, very angry.
Update added by user Nov 14, 2012
Update.When I wrote the review below I was LIVID!!
And I had every right to be because I feel I was getting pushed around. However, today they showed up with a very good attitude and got a lot done and they promise to finish the job in the next couple of days. I will come back with a final report. So far, I will say one positive thing to their credit.
Desit the administrative and time scheduling issues, the workmanship is good and extra conscientious. He makes sure to check with you when he\'s going to do something he\'s not sure you will like. He doesn\'t just plunge in and do it. He really takes his time to make sure you like the end result .
There are pluses and minuses.You judge for yourself.
Original review posted by user Nov 13, 2012
Paradise Home Improvement of PA (takes work in NJ). This contractor started a bathroom renovation on Oct. 9th. It is November 13 and, even if you subtract the week of Hurricane Sandy and a few catch up days, that is still too long for a tiny bathroom renovation. He collected most of his money early on by making the schedule "sound" like he'd get most of it by the time he was more than halfway done, but that was not the case (this is my first remodel so I didn't know about timelines and it looked fine to me). After he'd collected most of his money he started using every excuse in the book to not come to my house. He has worked an average of 2.5 days a week in three weeks and said he'd come on two other occasions but then was a no-show, no-call. I am livid.
Also, part of this job was an electric panel upgrade He brought his OWN electrician and after the inspector did not approve it, and i told him several times that he needed to return with the electrician, he has ignored me and keeps saying he will bring the electrician back on the final day... the final day of the project which seems like it will never actually happen.
Initially, I asked him to draw up a contract. He seemed like he was ready to do the job without one. He also didn't bring up permits - I did. If you're wondering why I went ahead with it, it's because he has a worker who did work for me and seemed like a nice guy so I hired him because of him. Perhaps he's in on it. I don't know. Just stay away unless you want a job started and not finished for weeks when it is a job that could be done in a week. He's obviously playing games but now I have to try and wait it out because he hasn't altogether stopped but I'm very angry.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Bathroom Renovation
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "I closed on a new construction Pulte home in Phoenix on August 2. On September 8 after morning rain, I discovered an area of 13'out from the patio is..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- "We ordered in July and did not get till 10-21-2016 Was supposed to be like the 2016's with some new additions. We picked up, no storage, white flooring,..."
- "I used collage.com plenty of times and was quite happy but recently that has changed.I ordered 4 pillows ,nice and colorful and clear.I recieved pillows that had no detail and..."